Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tiny conspirators

      My kids have it in for me.  Call me crazy but Mike will agree they have been plotting.  Of course, not my Ella though.  Ella, my kind and gentle little soul is too sweet to give her Momma such a hard time.  The little two on the other hand, don't let their cuteness fool you. 

     You may have recently heard about the shortage of sleep around here lately.  It begins the moment my head hits the pillow.  I hear the first cries of the evening.  I get up feed baby or console toddler and crawl back in bed.  It will take no longer than a minute for the other child to start up.  I deal with the other child, then once again get back into my warm comfy bed.  I may squeeze a few minutes rest in and finally get to the stage where you are just dozing off and then it starts all over again.  Repeat all night and you get the kind of sleep deprivation I am dealing with.

     I have tried going to bed early to trick them.  No such luck. They know and the whole process starts even earlier.  Going to bed later results in even less sleep.  I am at a loss.  How do I get more sleep?  I could nap but that doesn't always work. 

   Well off I go to down large amount of caffeine to keep this days on track.  I can already feel myself dragging and its going to be a busy day.  Any coping strategies? A few sleep tricks to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment