Monday, November 21, 2011

The Boy that Breaks my Heart

     Camden told me he didn't love me today.  He loves his daddy, sisters, dog and backhoes, not mommy.  Actually he doesn't like me.  I have to be OK with this but I will admit it hurts a little bit.

    He is going through a Daddy phase ( I hope its a phase).  First thing in the morning he screams for Daddy or if he is being his typical funny self he asks for Michael.  Daddy plays, wrestles and gives in to all his demands.  Maybe because I am trying to potty train him, make him give up his suckys or bottles or maybe its because I am busy with the Baby a lot.  Who knows?

     This wee sweet boy wipes off my kisses and breaks my heart.  He screams at me and it really doesn't matter what I am asking him.  He does the exact opposite of whatever I say.  I now only ask him the opposite of what I want him to do (Don't sit on your chair and don't eat your food) and it works because he refuses to do what I ask.  He tells me to go away.  He won't hug or kiss me either.  He won't even play with me or let me watch a show with him unless I'm the only one home and even then not all the time.

     I know its a temporary thing but I secretly hope he's a Momma's boy.  I don't think he will be though.  He never really has been.  He refused to even acknowledge my presence until he was 18 months old and finally decided he would call me Mama. I can dream though right, after all its me that gets up with him a million times a night, changes his bum and gets his food. I bathe him, wash his clothes and clean up his messes.  He owes me right?

     Am I alone on this? Is he the only one who is like this? He can't be the only stubborn one out there.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. So not alone. Zach hated me after I had the baby- he's gotten better but, ya, I get it.

    ReplyDelete