Thursday, November 3, 2011

My Man Mike!

     Since reading another Mommy Blogger's post about her husband and having a stupid kind of week that makes me thankful for my own man, here is a tribute to him.

     Mike is amazing.  He works hard at his job everyday to support his family.  He lets me stay home with the kids because baby wrangling is what I do best.  He tells me to not worry about cleaning so much and to relax take a bath or nap ( sometimes I do, usually I don't).  He loves me, and treats me with respect which teaches our children how to treat others (our son how to treat girls and our girls how they should expect to be treated by a boy and no less).  He has a great sense of humour without going too far with it, which I appreciate greatly.  He is kind, sensitive, loving and patient (even with Camden).  He cooks dinner often, he cleans, and actually plays with the kids.  He helps with homework, changes bums and puts on PJ's. He can usually be heard answering endless rounds of "why?", reading stories, singing songs, offering kind words and sometimes a stern warning.  He never raises his voice, or says a bad word about anyone, EVER! I sometimes question if he is even human and not some Husband-Bot prototype. I am lucky! He holds my hand in the car, cuddles on the couch, always kisses be goodbye and tells me how much he loves me.   He texts me everyday on his lunch breaks to check on the kids and tell me how much he loves me once again.  He also grocery shops, does all the outdoor maintenance, does the banking and can cook a turkey.  Seriously, he is way too good for me, but don't tell him that.  We wouldn't want him to get an ego or anything.  Mike is one of the best things to ever happen to me.  For a man that never thought he wanted kids, he is honestly the best Dad ever.  He is also the BEST Fiance ever.  Who thinks Michael should, you know, maybe like finally divorce his ex and possibly maybe Marry Me? You know, since I have the house, kids, ring and um just possibly the dress? OK, I have the dress.  So who is with me? I think its about time, Don't you?

3 comments:

  1. Can I just say...I LOVE THIS!! Spectacular. I'm so happy you have a good man. I feel the same about mine and thank my lucky stars everyday. Mike sounds like a catch and I can't wait to see your dress ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to catch up on your blog after reading the forum.

    I absolutely love this post! I have a superstar husband and am so so so thankful that somehow I lucked out.

    Mike! Do it! Get with the program!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I can just imagine how beautiful your dress is too! You lucked out for sure.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete