Tuesday, November 8, 2011

All You Can Eat Booby Buffet!

      If you are mom chances are you generally end up showering or bathing with one or more of your children.  I go it alone as often as I can but sometimes when Mikes on afternoons and I stink like tears and desperation this Momma needs a shower. 

     Yesterday,  I desperately needed a shower and Harmony had been fussing and on a nap strike since 2pm.  I did what any other mom would do, take a slippery wet squirmy baby in too.  I like taking Harmony into the bath/shower with me as she loves the water but hate how it takes 10 times as long to get in, clean and out.  The main reason for it taking this long is not the fact you are trying to wash your own hair while juggling 13lbs of soapy, flailing baby but rather she thinks it an all you can eat booby buffet.  I mean she sees them there and she just helps herself.  Whats even worse is taking a jacuzzi bath with the baby.  Sometimes I need me time and usually that me time involves the baby because apparently I'm her mom or something.  I like to go for  a nice relaxing bath and because she LOVES the water I will take her in with me.  The bubbles and warmth paired with on demand all you can drink booby milk, heck, its a baby version of an all inclusive trip to Dominican complete with swim up bar.  I am the only one this happens to?  Usually I take Harmony in because I think it will save me time or she will be less fussy if she has a bath too. Well less fussy is right, she usually passes out like a happy little piglet.  I mean who wouldn't like to be fed their favourite drink in a jacuzzi tub all snuggled up on boobies (well I wouldn't care so much for the snuggling on boobs part but to each their own).  So this can't only be something that happens in my family.  Anyone else feel like a 24/7 buffet?

1 comment:

  1. haha! I have felt this EXACT same way! Well put Jen.

    ReplyDelete