Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Fun Mom

     I've really tried to be the "fun" Mom lately.  I'm sure you know her.  She is the one that does a million crafts with paints, glue and glitter in every colour.  She bakes cookies, cakes and muffins just for fun  Everything is a hands on learning experience with her kids and she does it all in her perfectly coordinated apron. 
    
     I've tried really hard this week to be "that" mom. Every supper has been home made from scratch with the kids helping.  We also managed to make sugar cookies with sprinkles and icing and home made apple sauce.

       The kids cry, beg, whine to help and how can you deny those sweet little faces, after all they are only little once.  If you don't teach them how to do these things then who will. Its a responsible mothers job to help them learn or thats what I keep telling myself, anyway. To be honest though, lets face it, you want them to remember they had this awesome, fun mom, who always did a crap load of stuff with them. 

     You get half way through the most amazing fun activity ever because you are the most amazing mommy in the whole entire  world ever and they are M.I.A. You find yourself standing alone in the middle of a what looks to be a war zone.  They have gone on to bigger and brighter things, usually the tv because they are "bored" and "this part isn't very fun after all".   I usually start off with a "Life isn't always fun" speech and end up somewhere along the lines of "Get back here dammit! We are making family memories. So you better enjoy it...Oh look smile for the Camera and pretend you are having fun." *Click, flash* Ok fine go watch TV, it's faster and less messy if you don't help anyway.

     I think I still qualify for being the fun mom right? I let them try! Its not my fault they have the attention span of a flea. Please tell me I am not alone on this one?!?!

3 comments:

  1. It definitely counts! And you're a saint for trying this stuff with 3 kids.

    I think that I might have the toddler with the best attention span ever, though, since she always sticks out our activities until the end. Either that or it's because she's the clingiest toddler ever and she would never dream about actually going to play on her own...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope your not alone and an extra "big up" to you for doing it with 3 kids!!! Totally awesome :D

    ReplyDelete