Monday, November 14, 2011

A Bad Case of the Mondays

     I went to bed way too late last night.  Dexter was on and then who can fall asleep right away after watching that...not this girl.  I did some laundry, loaded the dishwasher very important, exciting stuff that I wouldn't get to do if the kids were awake and finally headed to bed sometime after midnight

     A little boy woke up sometime around 3ish and was scared and I think it had something to do with a certain someone( not naming any names but it does rhyme with Bike) letting him watch Scooby Doo before bed.  Harmony was up around 5 am to eat and then decided it might be a nice time to start the day. 

     I'm tired and feel slightly ill.  I'm still in my PJ's.  All I can hear is the constant screaming of a highly displeased toddler chucking things around out of anger.  It's only 10 AM. 

     Everything has been a battle this morning.  His breakfast was oatmeal cookies, a bottle of milk and Halloween candy and I am OK with this.  He has watched TV since he woke up this morning and I'm OK with that too. We can't be the perfect parents everyday, especially Mondays.

     I hate Mondays! Mondays are almost always a long screamy day trying to piece back your life after the weekend.  Routines have to be re-established, nap times enforced and some semblance of sanity needs to be restored. 
     Now that Miss Harmony is down for a nap, Mike is gone grocery shopping.  Any guesses as to when she will wake up? The precise moment Daddy walks in the door is my bet, ensuring Mommy doesn't get a nap.  Mike is on afternoons and gets first dibs on nap time before work. 

     Excuse me while I go console the two year old terror that is currently residing here (where did my nice little Camden go) and maybe sneak in a shower, by myself before chaos engulfs us all.

1 comment:

  1. Awww ((HUGS)) days like that suck. I have them here more often than I would like. Hope your day got better... Minus the fact that our board disappeared, then reappeared :(

    ReplyDelete