Sunday, January 8, 2012

A not so ordinary weekend.

     What was going to be a quiet, boring weekend turned out to be actually quite fun, amusing actually and will leave us smiling for days, weeks, OK, YEARS!

     Mike had to work overtime which is not the most fun thing to do with your entire Saturday but Divorces "life" costs money, so it worked out well. I was cleaning, baby was sleeping and Camden was playing so quietly in his room.  It was an almost perfect Saturday morning, if only Mike were home. Camden starts climbing up the stairs spitting...Oh, great what now kid.  He emptied an entire jar of Baby Vicks (or what was left of it) on himself - face included, PJ's, bedpost, toy box, tool bench, train table, living room end table, his grapple game, the walls and stairs.  I scooped him up and plopped him in the tub, where he pooped before the water has even finished running.  Thankfully, we have two bath tubs. Picked his wet, Vicks and poo covered body and carefully carried him to the downstairs bathroom where he remained in the tub full of sunlight dish soap while I attempted a clean up job of said Vicks and poo messes.  *sigh* I didn't even get upset because it was one of those instances in life that if you didn't laugh at the situation there would have been tears...mine and his. That was most of Saturday.  I also managed to visit the adorable Miss Neely (Ella's new baby sister, My ex husband's and his wonderful fiance's darling little bundle of baby sweetness).  Camden even managed to scam them into staying for an extended play date without Mommy.  He just loves hanging out with Ella and her friends (all girls, older than him of course).  We also enjoyed some family time with Mike's family - over pizza, beer and a Leaf's game, as well as a visit to Grandma in who is currently in the hospital.

     Sunday started out as a regular lazy Sunday morning, where I relax in bed for a little bit while Mike wrangles the children and gets me a Timmies.  Oh, how I love the weekends when I get a little bit of extra sleep instead of my usual 4 hours or less. I just put cranky, slightly ill Harmony down for a nap when Mike finally manages to catch up with well, we all know "who", if you have been following my blog.(If not you can catch up on the saga here and here).  We were given the options to meet in his small hometown in an hour or less or we would have to wait until well God only knows when....OK, well the town is only 20 minutes away or so but take into account it's Sunday morning and the kids are in their Pjs' and we were relaxing and Oh crap, Harmony was just put down for a nap. I scramble to get the kids ready and out we head.  Here is the part where  we get to the wonderful surprise Mike gave me.  I got to SERVE the papers.  Mike couldn't legally Serve the papers for his own divorce, so that left it up to me.  I will fast forward to the part where we drove home with 2 huge grins plastered all over our faces! There was lots of fun! Lots of other details in there, trust me, but I'm not the type to brag but if you want details that can be arranged, Mike said we couldn't video it for you.  We didn't have time to charge the camera battery ( I am just kidding...umm sort of. I am thinking of you, Kait, Kiki and Lee Lee and well whoever else's curiosity is getting the better of them, it was GOOD TIMES though). So Happy Early Birthday to ME(so glad this up coming birthday of mine is a couple years away from 30).  Its been a great day already.  I served papers, lost 5 lbs according to the scale, am having an amazing hair day and still have a couple years, Lord Willing to enjoy my 20's.

     So today I am happy, WE are happy (well beyond flipping happy, if only we could do cart wheels, which neither of us can - I blame my incredibly long legs....lol) and ours kids will be happy when they are old enough to understand.  So darn thankful for the freedom we are about to gain. Well there is so much more I would Love to say but it may be deemed inappropriate and didn't I already state I am not that type of person....so you can read it here at  http://www.squidoo.com/breakup-tees.  Oh how I wished I owned a few of these shirts, I could have put them to good use today, somehow my sweater dress was a more appropriate choice and who doesn't love lace up hooker boots on a Sunday morning. I know Mike does!

    I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend as much as we are. See you tomorrow!

On our way to get the "job" done. Michael says its too dangerous to look at the camera while driving...pffftt Whatever! LOL!
 

2 comments:

  1. Yay ! I expect details. Hunting them down NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay ! I expect details. Hunting them down NOW!

    ReplyDelete