Saturday, January 21, 2012

2 Peas in a Pod

     I made the mistake of calling Harmony and Camden "2 peas in a pod" this morning.  I received a very serious talking to by a very annoyed 2 year old. The conversation went like this.

Camden and Harmony were making faces and squealing at each other.
Me: You two are 2 peas in a pod
C: I'm NOT a Pea Mommy I'm a Camden Boy
Me: Oh I am sorry, you are too cute.
C: I AM NOT CUTE, I am Big. Harmony's cute.
M: Yes, Harmony is cute but so are you.
C: NO! I AM BIG. I AM CAMDEN Not a Pea, Not Cute.
M: OK, So Camden is a Big Boy and Harmony is cute.
C: Yes!
M: What's Daddy?
C: ohhhh, Daddy is Mike and He's Big. I am Taller.
M: Taller than who?
C: I Taller than Harmony.
M: OK, So Camden is a big, tall boy, Harmony is cute and Daddy is Mike and he's Big.
C: Yes.
M: What's Mommy?
C: Just Mommy!
M: What's my name?
C: Just Mommy.
M: Am I Tall or Big or Cute?
C: ummm Nope, Just Mommy!
M: OK, then I see how I rank. Just mommy.


See at the end of the day I'm just Mommy, I'm not big, tall or cute, which is fine. I like being Just Mommy. It means he doesn't call me Jennifer when he gets mad. He calls a lot of people by their first names when he gets annoyed but not me...I'm Just Mommy and it suits me just fine. So there you have it. The inner workings of a two year old brain.

2 comments: