Monday, December 12, 2011

We are SUCKY Free!

     Last week I was sick. The whining around here was unbearable and it was mostly coming from me.  I was having a hard time dealing with it all while Mike worked the afternoon shift.  Really I hate when he is gone from 2-11:30.  It really does make for a long day.

    Lately Camden has gone for the occasional bedtime sucky user to a full time junkie. It was driving me crazy.  He would wander around all day whining, begging, crying for a fix. "I want my sucky, I need my sucky, where is my sucky, SUCKY NOW!" I got sick of him acting like a addict.  I was beyond frustrated and well Daddy is too soft hearted to be the bad guy.  Daddy was a Camden -Sucky enabler.  It had to go.  In a fit of desperation and less than no patience I swapped his good suckys for his old suckys and grabbed the scissors (Good suckys were stashed high in the cupboard in case this plan backfired and mommy gave in).  Camden was of course in full out meltdown mode but that wasn't stopping me, this had to end now.  His endless whining was making me a little bit insane, OK a whole lot insane. 

     Scissors in hand I proceeded to cut up his sucky's in front of him.  Judge away, but it worked.  He was mad for maybe an hour but likely less, it just felt like an hour.  He asked about his sucky only 2 more times in 3 days. I consider that success. 

    We made a huge deal about what a big boy he is and he asked for some big boy LEGO.  We were more than happy to oblige the poor little guy.  I feel bad for snatching away his beloved sucky but seriously the whining was beyond terrible. 

    We are now sucky free and happy.  The next battle potty training. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Be careful with those Scissors on the potty training...

    ReplyDelete