Thursday, December 8, 2011

In the holiday spirit!

     On this dreary, gross day, I have decided it may just be time to start pulling out the holiday movies.  That and I am declaring this another sick day because even though I took a sick day yesterday I doped up on Advil and cleaned the house because I couldn't stand looking at it anymore...I also felt guilty for laying around while Camden was at Grandmas.

      I am not a huge holiday movie watcher but I have a couple that are musts and am currently looking for a few more to add to our list.

Jen's Must See Holiday Movies

Love Actually
ELF
Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer

     See a pretty short list.  I also have movies that I hate to watch at Christmas and I know it will shock many as its their favourite Christmas movie but I HATE HATE HATE Christmas Vacation. Are there any must see movies for the holiday season that I missed?

     I am also on the look out for a great children's book about the real meaning of Christmas.  All the ones I currently have are long and don't hold the children's attention.  If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them.

    OK, so maybe no sick day here, the baby needs way too much attention.  Maybe she will let me lounge?

5 comments:

  1. oooooooooooooo love actually
    tracey hg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jen.....I can't be your friend anymore. You don't like Christmas Vacation??? Sigh.

    As for a Christmas book, our boys love one called "On this special night" It's about a kitten in a barn, and all these animals come through looking for a rest on their journey to witness something big that is going to happen. It doesn't mention Jesus by name, but it does show that a special baby is born. I found it to tell the story without getting too wrapped up in religion, as we are not very religious here.

    Ok....I'll still be your friend anyways. Maybe I will check out Love Actually too, never seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY, Hate Christmas Vacation??? LOL!!

    Oh I really enjoy Love Actually too!
    Have you seen The Family Stone(Sarah Jessica Parker, Diane Keaton, Racheal McAdams, the guy who played Coach on the old show "Coach" LOL, I can't think of his name plus a few more)
    There's A Christmas Story (I look forward to this oldie!) The Grinch who stole Christmas (the original cartoon, not that annoying one with Jim Carey), White Christmas (a family favourite here, I will watch it many times now through Christmas!) Miracle on 34th street, It's a wonderful Life..... I could go on

    ReplyDelete
  4. You love Elf but you hate Christmas Vacation? K, I'm having serious doubts about you!!! Kidding, kind of! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't think of any books or other movies right now, but there's a great play at St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church on Saturday afternoon at 2:00 pm and it has a puppet in it and it's really funny. In fact, you guys might know some of the performers. Just a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete