Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Questions!

I am stealing this from 2 friends. You can read their blogs as well! The Tompkins Family and A Life Full of Sunshine and Rainbows


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping Paper! Mike won't let me use gift bags because its "Not Fun" but who does all the wrapping around here? Yep, me....Well I did trick a couple of my nieces into wrapping about half of the presents but thats besides the point. I hate wrapping but the kids love ripping paper up.

2. Real tree or Artificial?
Artificial....Can you imagine me trying to keep something else alive. I am barely successful at keeping Mike, the kids and dog happy, healthy and fed, let alone a Christmas tree that needs special care. Until they invent a tree that whines at me and tells me that its thirsty and needs water, it will be a fake tree for us.

3. When do you put up the tree?
Anytime after December 1st and before the 25th.

4. When do you take the tree down?
A few days after Christmas, I hate looking at Christmas crap for too long!

5. Do you like eggnog?
Ummm No! It sounds disgusting and tastes even worse.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Alf Doll, and Don't Wake the Dragon Game, probably the Sega was a favourite too!

7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes, We have 3. One Little one that I bought when Ella was just tiny and she loved to hide the people like Easter Eggs everywhere. One is a small precious moments one that always makes me giggle because My Sister In Law gave it to me and well there is a story behind it but this is neither the time or place to share it...Its not rude, just makes me giggle is all. My Mom gave me the third one this year. It was my Grandmas. My mom hand painted it (Minus one goat that was lost and now found - hes still white). I do have another one at my parents house somewhere as well. Its a bigger Precious Moments set and its plastic and well Baby Jesus may be a little banged up. I may or may not have thrown it at my mom when I was younger and mad at the prospect of books for Christmas. Now I beg for books instead of threaten my mom with Baby Jesus.

8. Hardest person to buy for?
Mike but I like what I bought for him this year, yes the key is I like it!

9. Easiest person to buy for?
Camden , he is so easy to please!

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail but mostly to far away mom friends and a couple family members.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Hmmm...It wasn't really a bad present but maybe given at an inappropriate time. It was a red satiny short robe with matching ummm well not quite lingerie but definitely not PJ's type thing. Mike gave it to me in front of his parents and brothers a few Christmases ago. My face turned as red as the present. It wouldn't bother me now ,but I was still fairly new to his family then.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Love Actually!!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Early like Summer time.

14. Ever recycled a Christmas present?
Probably but can't say for sure, what if the person read this.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
EVERYTHING, What Kind of Question is that...oh wait except Eggnog or mince meat pies...Ewww

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
White, its classy!

17. Favorite Christmas song?
Away in a Manger and The First Noel

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Both of our families live Close by and so even when we do travel its 15 minutes at the most.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Yes, but spelling the names may be a whole different thing.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
An angel for sure!

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas morning and one special present for the kids on Christmas Eve - Usually PJ's

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
How fast the time goes.

23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color?
All our ornaments are special. We have a mixed matched tree of all sorts of ornaments but they all mean something.

24. What do you want for Christmas this year?
For a Healthy Happy Christmas and A Healthy Happy New Year for us as well as Family and Friends.

Don't forget to stop by my friends blogs. The Tompkins Family and A Life Full of Sunshine and Rainbows

1 comment:

  1. Your description of the artificial tree cracked me up. Isn't that the truth!!!

    ReplyDelete