Thursday, December 1, 2011

Bedtime Bargaining

    I am sure many parents are familiar with the toddler tactic of stalling but Camden has taken it to a new level, beyond the usual, I want more milk and I need my sucky tantrums.  At 2 years old, I am quite impressed really. 

Camden's are quite funny.
  • C: Oh who made this big mess in my room? Not me,(blames it on one of his relatives)  but I better clean it up before bed.

  •   C: I can't go to bed now, there is a hockey game I have to watch.  M: No, there isn't. C: Baseball then? M: Nope. C: How about Basketball?

  • C: I can't nap now, I have to change my clothes there is some work I have to do outside first.

  • C: My toys aren't put away in the right spots, I better fix it.

  •  C: I'm not tired, but you are Mommy.  I'll tuck you in and I'll stay up. M: Who is going to do all Mommy's work then? C: I will take care of the baby and change her bum. Do laundry, do the dishwasher, vacuum. M: Who is going to change your bum?  C: Hmmm, Maybe I 'll go to bed.


  • C: I need my bum changed before bed , there's a poop surprise.  M: You pooped again? C: Yep, you better change me now.  M: You didn't poop! C: I tricked Mommy!

  • C: I need my other book.  M: Which Book? C: Ummmm Ummm...I need to get up and look and find it. M: Nope, bedtime! C:  I neeeeeeeeeeed to read my other one.

  • C: The sun is out. It's nice out. I don't see the moon. It's not bedtime, it's daytime.
     Does anyone else have very creative children when it comes to bedtime dodging?

1 comment:

  1. LMAO, he's quite creative indeed!!! My favourite was the hockey game one!! So far nothing here, I have a boy who ASKS to go to bed.. At least for now :D

    ReplyDelete