Sunday, September 18, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up!

      I sit here typing this all cuddled up in my pj's, breathing a sigh of relief that this very expensive weekend is over. The weekend started with a flat tire that led to the realization that my beloved blue car needs not 1 but 4 new tires and a ball joint replaced.  Price of 4 new tires, ball joint and labour....roughly $1000. Ouch, OK well that's fine, we were supposed to take my car to go furniture shopping for the new house but hey what the heck we have 2 cars.  We will take Mike's car shopping...nope...His car wouldn't start and believe me we tried everything to get it to go.  Its going to have to be towed to the dealership and dealt with...there goes more money...that we will wait on.  We borrowed my sisters car and made the trip today to go look at living room sets. Looking always turns into buying. We do have a lovely new 3 piece leather reclining set in brown though.  I didn't look at the bill.  I didn't want to know.  It was an amazing deal.  Too good to pass up. I am sure my family will be thankful they no longer have to look at the hideous couch we currently have (micro fibre suede is not a forgiving fabric with children and pets - granted it looked nice until we came into Mike's life) , as well as having a place to sit Thanksgiving.  I gladly volunteered our new home to host Thanksgiving this year.  I was under the assumption it was a week later than it actually was.  I now have one week to unpack at the new house to get it ready for my large family to celebrate on of our favourite holidays.  So all in all, a weekend that started out crappy and expensive ended up being pretty good and even more expensive. The count down is on.  We have 11 days until we get the keys and 12 days until the big moving day.  I am very excited. So many things to look forward to in our new house, but that's a whole new post for another day.  I am going to curl up on the couch and enjoy the quiet.  By some miracle both kids are asleep, in their own beds and Veggie Tales is not on the TV.  Time to watch something other than singing vegetables. I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend.

1 comment:

  1. wow, I need a nap just reading that. You had a crazy busy weekend, but glad you got a nice living room set. Leather is really the only way to go with kids and pets, it's awesome.

    Personally I think your nuts to volunteer for Thanksgiving after just moving ahahhaa. But this way you can force family to help out, or else they'll all be eating frozen pizza!!!

    ReplyDelete