Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Bedtime Bliss

     A new bedtime routine has started in our house.  It started because Mommy packed away all the books in preparation for the move.  I don't know what I was thinking and the kids were clearly annoyed.  I had a bright idea.  I know, Mommy will read to you from her blog.  Everyday a new story, how does that sound.  It was a great idea until you start getting critiqued by a 6 and 2 year old.  Ella suggested she should be in more of the stories.  I can see this being a problem, when they start demanding I write stories for them.  This was supposed to be for them but I get to choose and write what I feel like right?! They were happy none the less with hearing about our adventures.  As our blog bedtime story was over, songs sang and prayers said we started to discuss what  tomorrows blog should be about.  We decided to write what we will most like about our new house.
Here is our list:
  • Warm kitchen that we can eat in without freezing to death in (current kitchen is poorly insulated)
  • Oven that doesn't bake 200 degrees hotter than it should. (great for cooking frozen pizzas, bad for baking)
  • Dishwasher (this one is self explanatory)
  • 2 bathrooms (1 is starting to not cut it anymore)
  • Jacuzzi Bath tub and one regular nice tub (current bath tub is less than appealing to bathe in and Mommy will enjoy the jets, the kids not so much)
  • 4 bedrooms (umm no kids in Mommy's bed, yeah right that's the goal anyway)
  • Fenced in yard with landscaped fish pond, built in fire pit, pergola,  multi level deck and kids play structure (this house is starting to sounds like a lovely vacation compared to where we live now)
  • New furniture (you have no idea how ugly our couch is - micro fibre - 'nuff said)
  • A deck ( I know I mentioned this but I want to sit outside and sip coffee on a warm sunny morning)
  • Front Load washer and dryer (stay tuned for when I curse them and wish for my old set back)
  • The possibility of having a clothesline (nothing like clean laundry off the line)
  • Friends down the street, as well as a park and Ella's dad is one street away ( may seem strange that Ella's dad one street away is a pro but it will make her life, their lives and ours much less complicated)
     Now don't get me wrong we will miss where we live.  There are many great things about where we live currently but I can't think of them....As we shuffled off to bed last night we were filled with blissful thoughts of all the new, fun exciting things we were looking forward to as a family.

2 comments: