Monday, December 30, 2013

Holiday Wishes

     I hope everyone is enjoying their holidays or what is left of them.  I know I will be savoring every last second of Mike being home from work and the kids off of school. I hate schedules, packing lunches, bedtimes, alarm clocks and letting them dictate our every move.  We prefer PJ days and staying up late prolonging bedtime with  family tickle fights, where everyone is the winner when we collapse from giggling and our faces hurt from smiling. I will however enjoy having a clean house again. I can't stand Christmas overtaking the house. All of our decorations have already gotten the boot back to the garage. Yippee for no more tinsel and fake pine needles stuck to everything. Somehow, I seem to have lost track of what I originally wanted to say. So let me try this again.

     I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas (or other winter holiday of your choice).  I can say that although we enjoyed watching the kids open presents, eating lots of delicious food, spending lots of time with family that it was not the Christmas I was hoping and wishing for. Sure the kids were spoiled and we were given some great gifts too but it couldn't replace two people, who could not spend the holidays with us this year. As some of you know, my Mom is still trying to recover now from her second surgery and is having many complications which made it impossible for us to enjoy the holidays as we normally do altogether. We did make the best of it and are continuing to do so by visiting Mom at home as much as possible. I will ask you all for your prayers (healing vibes, good wishes and thoughts)  for a quicker recovery and no further set backs. It seems to be 2 steps forward and 1 step back lately and its really frustrating for us all but especially Mom who would just like to be healthy and happy.

   So, once again Happy Holidays and stay tuned to a special New Years Eve Highlights edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment