Thursday, February 6, 2014

Thankful Thursday - What If?


     What would you be left with?  Would you have anything left at all?  Do you take for granted the most important things in life?  

     If I were honest, what would I have today? My kids and husband.  We would be homeless, jobless, and without a van or our wonderful families. What about our health, clean water, food?  There is just so much to be thankful for and of course we can't list 1000's of things we are so thankful to have every day.  I do however think we have room to improve in the area of giving thanks for all we have.

    If we started everyday with a grateful heart, would our day run smoother?  I'm sure we would start everyday with a better attitude and a positive outlook. How about taking a minute while you brush your teeth, or even in the shower to say thank you for all you have been blessed with and not ask for a single thing.  To be grateful for having a a place to live, clothes to wear, kids to bug you, a vehicle to drive, a job to go to.  I am challenging myself to be more thankful and to start each day with a grateful heart and just be happy.  I am particularly grateful to have been blessed with 4 beautiful, healthy children, a husband who takes care of us, a house to live in and a wonderful extended family on both sides. What are you thankful to have?  Do you struggle to have a grateful heart?   



No comments:

Post a Comment